“A come as you are approach to spirituality and getting your $**t together with a quickness. Your Fairy Thug Mother, Diandra Janelle Heaven Rose, presents a hard hitting, “tell it like it is” dose of reality with a sprinkle of fairy dust”
A Vow to be Marvelously, Magnificently, Messily YOU
Your Fairly Fantastic Fairy Thug Mother has created a cyber safe space to check in with yourself.
Hopefully just one small interactive step in learning the person you are and can become.
Consider this a place to ask yourself crucial questions, come up for a reflective breather from your everyday life or enjoy a new perspective on your pre-existing path.
We will touch on subjects not limited to, depression, anxiety, fear, grief, learning to take chances, confidence and more!
This Challenge can be your… journal entry, meditation, counseling session, much needed pep talk, accountability reminder or inspiration to start new practices.
If you decide not show up for a lesson, no one is going to make you feel badly about it. You set your intention and your goal for participating.
Not all the feelings that you get from reflecting on, or participating in, the exercises will be tingly, fuzzy and fun. There are pieces to this crash course designed to make you reactive/uncomfortable and that’s just the magic you need to create noticeable change.
Class is in session and YOU are your own teacher.
Welcome to Day 1 of The Fairy Thug Therapy Challenge: Check Your Bags
- Brutal Honesty
- Pen or Pencil (coloring utensils if you want to get fancy)
The first step in embarking on any new journey or adventure is packing your bags and taking inventory of your luggage.
Carrying a surplus amount of baggage with you can get very costly and time consuming when traveling. Some airlines charge anywhere between $50 to $100 for additional suitcases. Not to mention the physical burdens, the inconveniences in finding accommodations, transporting all of your belongings, and being tied/obligated to them wherever you go. No one else is there to help you carry it all, and offered help is usually at a cost with conditions and limitations.
Imagine that you have just been given a ticket to paradise and you MUST bring ALL of your bags with you on your journey. Every one of your lingering problems, unresolved regrets, unspoken feelings and self-sabotaging behaviors, each get assigned a bag of its own.
If you were to draw out all of your (problems, issues or blockages) as a piece of luggage… How many bags would you end up carrying? Could you afford the cost to fly with them all? Would you physically be able to carry them all yourself or would you have to outsource assistance? Are some bags larger than the others? How long have you been holding on to each of them?
Ideally, you should be able to make a new mental connection with the intangible evidence of your “baggage” and the realization that although these bags may be invisible, they hold real value, meaning, cost and detriment to your physical and emotional well being.
Analyze the true cost of each piece of baggage you are carrying.
Instead of an additional “carry on” costing you fifty extra bucks; in reality, your inability to let go of toxic control issues in relationships, could end up costing you the love of a lifetime.
You don’t have to unpack your bags just yet.
All you need to do today is identify your items, take inventory and literally draw them out.
This challenge will act as a “snap shot” of the beginning to your Therapy Virtual Vacation.
Hopefully by the end of your challenge, you will have let some things go.
Quick Travel Tips
- No matter how much you pack with you…NO ONE is obligated to help you carry anything
- No one else is going to assume responsibility of your property for you
- Regret is dead weight
- Are you really going to need it where you’re heading?
- Bringing old problems into new situations, is much like bringing winter clothes for a tropical getaway.
- Your past circumstances shouldn’t be made into a NOW problem
- circumstances and situations are what they are, do not carry that weight
Welcome to Day 2 of The Fairy Thug Therapy Challenge: Protect Your Magic
Practical and Preventative Approach to Protecting Your Aura
How often do we carelessly throw ourselves into situations that we don’t enjoy or wish to participate in?
Magic. I know what you’re thinking…exaggerated and glamourous Vegas stage shows, or witches working up spells and spirits, Hogwarts and Harry Potter, little fairies sprinkling their lucky dust, New Orleans folklore, stars aligning, pulling rabbits out of hats, superstitions, or psychics galore.
Your magic is in being exactly who you are. It is your personality, your sweetness or your spice, your quirks, the way you tackle the morning or come alive at night. It is your aura, your ability to shake off whatever comes your way, how you dance to old school music in the mornings, your offbeat style, your amazing hugs or the way you sing in the shower… It is all YOUR magic.
Too often we surrender to the pressures of others around us or our own self-doubts, afraid to live the lives we truly desire. Diminishing our divine right to be authentically/uniquely who we are and that denial dulls our light. If we allow other people to have the final “say so” in our own lives, we have made the choice to give someone else, something else or some situation our powers.
MAKE THE BEST CHOICES AND DECISIONS FOR YOUR HIGHEST POSSIBLE GOOD
- DO YOU KNOW WHAT KILLS YOUR VIBE?
Know Your Limitations (know what you can and cannot do, as well as what you will and will not do)
Vulnerabilities (Sore spots in your life that you feel you haven’t been protecting yourself well enough)
Analyze and consider what makes you tick or dive into lower vibrational feelings or emotions? What irritates you? Makes you sad? Tests your patience? Aggravates your anxiety? Disrupts your day?
- Being able to explicitly identify life’s irritants, helps to make setting clear and concise boundaries.
- You cannot remedy, nurture, or get rid of any “problem” or irritant you have failed to at least acknowledge
- Limitations are loving parameters for your safety. Sprinters seldom run marathons because they understand their strength is in shorter distances.
***Although, true peace, is the ability to find emotional, mental and spiritual stillness, in the midst of chaos. It is still very important to proactively preserve your energy whenever possible. THIS IS NOT AVOIDANCE***
If you are driving and you see a huge flaming car accident up ahead of you, would you continue to drive right into it? NO, hopefully because you are PROTECTING YO SELF!
This applies to situations, circumstances and people. If you know that you have difficulty staying sober, don’t spend time in environments conducive for drinking. Protect yourself. If you know that you are in a combative mood, don’t put yourself in places with high volumes of social interaction. Protect yourself. If you get road rage and have control over when you can travel, don’t drive in times of heavy traffic. Protect yourself! If you know that bad news triggers your depression, limit the amount of time you spend watching or engaging in stimuli that has the potential to be negative. Protect your mood. Protect you magic.
- WHAT ARE YOU ALLOWING?
Understanding that we must be willing to accept full responsibility for the condition of our experiences.
- If you are being taken advantage of or feel like a doormat, YOU put yourself in that position. Remove yourself.
- You allow people to take from you. STOP giving energy away where it isn’t respected or reciprocated.
- If you know you cousin steals, don’t leave your wallet out in the open. Similarly, if you know someone extorts your energy, triggers your emotions or causes you to react irrationally, STOP leaving yourself out in the open and accessible to these people.
- You hate that someone pronounces your name improperly but have never corrected them. It is an allowance.
- Your spouse continues to cheat or disrespect the relationship, but you continue to let them sleep in your bed. It is an allowance.
- If you know you dislike children but elected to work at a daycare and are miserable with your job, you ALLOWED your unhappiness. Not acknowledging or accepting your limitations.
- Express yourself. Say how you feel, but also know when some conversations are not worth having. (sometimes the best form of correction is complete removal or intolerance).
- Give your throat chakra some attention
- Are you the person that sits through music you cannot stand? Instead of just vocalizing or requesting a change of song
- Are you the person that forces conversations you don’t wish to have? Instead of just politely excusing yourself.
- Do you allow people to speak down to you? Instead of calling them out on the behavior.
- Are you the person that goes out to eat and your order is sent to the table made wrongly, but you don’t send it back? Instead of just letting the service staff know what it is that you truly wanted.
- Give your throat chakra some attention
***REMOVE THE GUILT in putting yourself first. You are sacrificing yourself in order to preserve the feelings of others, all while ignoring the importance of your own feelings. Do not make decisions for other people. Your guilt can easily turn into resentment and regret***
“How you feel is not my problem. I do not want you to go, but I don’t know how to stop you- Willow”
CHALLENGE: PICK 3 AREAS OF YOUR LIFE that you feel vulnerable. IMPLEMENT 3 NEW BOUNDARIES for yourself or others.
What can you do to protect yourself? How can you proactively nurture better situations? What would make you feel more secure? What can you do to feel less vulnerable?
Some of my boundaries are:
- Not accepting phone calls after 9pm or before 10am
- Not lending people money
- Not allowing people to stay at my house for long periods of time
- I don’t read my comments to avoid negativity
- I limit my time on social media because I’m easily bothered
- I wont meet mutual people or new friends unless I agree to it beforehand
- I wont allow people to engage in negative conversations with me
3. SETTING BOUNDARIES “If They Don’t Comply, Then Let Them Fly”
- “NO” should be your most used weapon of self-defense
- Do not say “yes” when you really FEEL NO
- Rather party at home in your pajamas than RSVP to your bestfriend’s party? Then don’t go! No guilt involved, just say NO.
- Don’t want to pick up that shift at work? SAY NO
- Don’t have time to do that favor? SAY NO
- Don’t want to lend your extra money to someone that asks to borrow it? SAY NO
- “MAYBE” is an indecisive cop-out
- Do not second guess your gut instinct.
- If it’s making you uncomfortable, suspect or weary? It is for a reason.
- Don’t willingly fuel the fire or make situations worse
- If your kitchen was on fire, you would remedy the situation with water or an extinguisher, trying to put the fire out. If you’re feeling sad, don’t watch sad movies or listen to sad music. You are throwing gasoline on the fire.
- Don’t like how someone treats you or speaks to you? Firmly request different treatment. If they don’t comply, then let them fly.
- Are there people that make you feel “not so great” whenever they are around? LIMIT the amount of time you spend around them
- Don’t force yourself to find reconcile prematurely
- Don’t want to talk about it? Then don’t if you’re not ready
- Create personal space and physical boundaries if you don’t like people too close to you
- Practice consensual engagement of all kinds
- Take breaks when you need to
- You are not obligated to see or be around ANYONE
- Do not say “yes” when you really FEEL NO
- BURN BLACK CANDLES- Protective. Bad Vibes Be Gone. Helps repel and absorb negative energy being directed your way. Hex breaking, banishing and binding.
- REGULARLY CLEANSING YOURSELF AND YOUR SPACE- Take salt baths or use salt scrubs in the shower regularly. Use Palo Santo or Sage to smudge yourself and home often.
- CRYSTALS FOR THE CAUSE- Protective, Calming or Expressive
- Obsidian– “Obsidian is truth-enhancing. A strongly protective stone, it forms a shield against negativity. It blocks psychic attack and absorbs negative energies from the environment. Obsidian draws out mental stress and tension. It stimulates growth on all levels, urging exploration of the unknown and opening new horizons. Brings clarity to the mind and clears confusion. Helps you to know who you truly are. Obsidian dissolves emotional blockages and ancient traumas. Promotes qualities of compassion and strength. It forces facing up to one’s true self. Releases imbalances and negative energies. Black Obsidian is protective and provides support during change. It repels negativity and disperses unloving thoughts.” (charmsoflight.com)
- Black Tourmaline– “Black Tourmaline is a protective stone which repels and blocks negative energies and psychic attack. Black Tourmaline also aids in the removal of negative energies within a person or a space. Black Tourmaline will cleanse, purify, and transform dense energy into a lighter vibration.A popular metaphysical stone, Black Tourmaline is also great for grounding. It balances, harmonizes, and protects all of the Chakras. Use Black Tourmaline to protect against electromagnetic “smog” (i.e. cell phones, computers, etc), radiation, noise sensitivity and other such disturbances. Black Tourmaline can be used as an aid to remove fear and boost self-confidence.Black Tourmaline has a calming effect when needed, grounding flighty or scattered energies into the earth. Those who face challenges from negativity, frequent worrying, and/or OCD can work with Black Tourmaline to help heal these issues. Carry a piece of Black Tourmaline in your pocket to increase physical vitality throughout your day. Meditation with Black Tourmaline can enhance the integration of insights and visions into one’s daily life.” (healingcrystals.com)
- Aquamarine – “Aquamarine is a stone of courage. Its calming energies reduce stress and quiet the mind. Aquamarine has an affinity with sensitive people. It can invoke tolerance of others and overcomes judgmentalism, giving support to those overwhelmed by responsibility. Clarifies perception, sharpens the intellect and clears confusion. Useful for closure on all levels. Promotes self-expression. Soothes fears and increases sensitivity. Sharpens intuition and opens clairvoyance” (charmsoflight.com)
- Blue Lace Agate- “Blue Lace Agate is a wonderful metaphysical healing stone that is great for activating and healing the Throat Chakra. Blue Lace Agate enhances verbal communication and expression. It is both a grounding and spiritual stone, allowing one to bring their spiritual experiences into their everyday reality.Blue Lace Agate is a very supportive stone, promoting the acceptance of one’s emotions. This calming stone can help those who may be feeling depressed or worried, and is believed to bring peacefulness. Blue Lace Agate is also used for dissolving repressive blocks that inhibit expression. Writers can use Blue Lace Agate to help with articulating inspired ideas. Put a piece of tumbled Blue Lace Agate in your pocket when speaking in public! Placed in the home, Blue Lace Agate helps to de-stress and keep family members from arguing.” (healingcrystal.com)